• +9
    Resident47 replies to Anon
    This is why we have to make smarter forum posts and think about how the readers will process their titles, and think very hard about whether the world really needs another vague forum topic. The original post concerned fake debt collector thugs, and now we are on to fake PC techs. We cannot go on cramming discussion of every form of "scam" into one place.

    Yet this is the second thread this month to be called "Scam?". In January we had one called "Scam", sans question mark. We've seen several others this year simply named "scam call", "scammers", "scam number", and "scams". Naturally their actual subjects have been varied. Every single time, the problems at issue could have been better handled in a phone number thread.

    I'm musing on why this keeps happening, and will have suggestions when time allows.
  • +8
    WolfmanJack replies to Anon
    Interesting that you posted in the correct thread for the first number, but the second number has 139 pages and you didn't post there.  But yet you felt it necessary to post here.
  • +3
    Glenn
    | 5 replies
    Arrest warrant I'd :- HDA856745612 which is going to release on Friday at 03:00pm

    I am writing in reference to Cash Advance debt Collection and payment not being received.

    This is the last and final chance for you. You do not need to reply this email. If you would like to make the payment than you would have to send email to our email address at charlesbelldebtcollector@gmail.com or michaeldebtcollector@gmail.com

    This Legal Proceeding issued on your Docket Number UAN-58301 with one of Cash Advance Inc. Company in order to notify you that after making calls to you on your phone number we were not able to get hold of you. So the accounts department of Cash Advance has decided to mark this case as a flat refusal and press legal charges against you.

    CASE NO:  JA-AN-107293

    Amount Pending:  $979.61

    We have sent you this warning notification about legal proceeding of March-8, 2014 but you did not respond on time so now it’s high time and if you will fail to respond in next 24 HOURS we will be file this case in court. Consider this as a Last Notice. And we will be Emailing/ Fax this issue to your current employer to make sure they take strict against you. Your salary wages will be garnished.

    (Choose whatever is appropriate)
    •         Accept the amount of $950 as full and final settlement of the debt if paid within 7 days (or other appropriate period) from the date of this letter.
    (Or)
    •         Accept installments of $250 per (week/Bi-Weekly) until the debt is fully paid, the first installment to be paid today and thereafter on the first working day of every (week/ Bi-Weekly) until the debt is fully paid.

    THIS IS A SCAM!!!!!!!! t didn't even name me as it was sent to undisclosed recipients and an arrest warrant with it.
  • +6
    Tamianth replies to Glenn
    Attach it to a complaint filed with IC3, the cyber crimes division of the FBI. Neither phone, fax or email are legal proof of a debt owed!

    http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

    https://800notes.com/arts/Jb8EW-eDhQA/harassi ... ou-need-to-know
    See Residents post here also:
    https://800notes.com/forum/ta-34af6a034ba34b6/unending-collection-calls
    Templates of Letters:
    https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-319-242-7350

    http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpajump.shtm
    http://www.consumerfinance.gov/askcfpb/search ...
    http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0096-fair-credit-reporting-act.pdf
    http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0149-debt-collection

    And see:
    http://www.dfi.wa.gov/consumers/alerts/nationwide-debt-association.htm
    *********************
    http://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety
    ********************************
    http://www.ic3.gov/media/2014/140627.aspx
    ******
    https://800notes.com/forum/ta-944ec1426a8bcbb ... service-attacks
    ************
    http://www.clarkhoward.com/news/clark-howard/ ... r-phones/ndF4c/
    *****************
    http://www.net-security.org/article.php?id=1828
    ***************
    https://800notes.com/forum/ta-86217073a9c8dad ... 077595690349410
    ************
    http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0258-fake-debt-collectors
    https://800notes.com/forum/ta-b95e185ca7ca356 ... debt-collectors
    ************
    http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/pubs/pressreleases/extortion_scam.htm
    ******************
    http://www.fdcpa.me/fake-process-server-injunction/
    ******************
    https://800notes.com/forum/ta-9413b3202bc8b6c ... net%27s-tactics
    *******************
    http://dfi.wa.gov/consumers/alerts/cashnet-payday.htm
    *****
    http://www.cashnetusa.com/consumer-notices
    **************
    Extortion Scam Related to Delinquent Payday Loans

    Washington, D.C.
    December 07, 2010  FBI National Press Office
    (202) 324-3691

    — filed under: Press Release

    The Internet Crime Complaint Center has received many complaints from victims of payday loan telephone collection scams. Callers claim the victim is delinquent in a payday loan and must repay the loan to avoid legal consequences. The callers purport to be representatives of the FBI, Federal Legislative Department, various law firms, or other legitimate-sounding agencies. They claim to be collecting debts for companies such as United Cash Advance, U.S. Cash Advance, U.S. Cash Net, and other Internet check-cashing services.

    According to complaints received from the public, the callers have accurate data about victims, including Social Security numbers, dates of birth, addresses, employer information, bank account numbers, and the names and telephone numbers of relatives and friends. How the fraudsters obtained the personal information varies, but in some cases victims have reported they completed online applications for other loans or credit cards before the calls started.

    The fraudsters relentlessly call the victim’s home, cell phone, and place of employment. They refuse to provide any details about the alleged payday loans and become abusive when questioned. The callers have threatened victims with legal actions, arrests, and, in some cases, physical violence if they do not pay. In many cases, the callers harass victims’ relatives, friends, and employers.

    For Extortion Scam Operations,  File reports with the FBI, your state attorney general and Department Of Justice,CFB,FTC & FCC..  Emails can be attached to complaints filed with IC3, the cyber crimes division of the FBI.

    http://www.nw3c.org/
    http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
    http://www.fbi.gov/
    https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1
    http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/
    https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/form1088.action
    http://www.fraud.org/
    http://www.stopfraud.gov/report.html
    Tip off FBI about this extortion attempt by filing form at: stips.fbi.gov/
    http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/haunted-phantom-debt

    Also see here:
    https://800notes.com/arts/I2neMkbUAAo/where-to-report-phone-crime
    https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/fraudaware ... and-answer.html
  • +3
    D
    | 1 reply
    I received a voice message on my cell from a 904-930-4194. When I heard it was a debt collector I panicked
    since I Know I do not have any bad debts. I called ,they switched to someone else and said they were trying to collect on a debt from a Payday loan that was written off but now trying to mediate a collection. the time frame was 2years back, I immediately indicated I have never taken a Payday loan in my life, they said it was done online and gave me an email that had my name with the words "Big Foot" in it. I laughed even though I know this is  serious. ( The woman laughed too)
    Not my email. They had my address & I asked how she got my #& address she said she looked my
    name up. She said they are doing a final attempt to collect the mediated amount of $200+, I asked how much
    was the orig debt she said $949 & change..After repeating this is not my debt &why would I pay on something
    I did not do she replied I can go to court or have the levy placed on my bank account I said I have not received any paperwork on this. Her reply was they have sent paperwork & if I did not take care of this they
    will serve me with legal paperwork in 48hours..I replied why would I have to go to court if not my debt,? When I asked to speak to the company trying to collect she said they have a no call back. I replied I wanted to speak to someone else,  I felt this was Fraud Her voice changed from being nice to nasty, Her reply was that  I will be served with legal paperwork for bank levy in 48hours and hung up. This actually scared me even though I knew it was not my debt. Then the thoughts of someone got my identity really scares me.
  • +6
    psy replies to D
    The details of your call would serve this site much better if you would post it in the thread dedicated to that phone number:
    https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-904-930-4194

    ...rather than here in this thread about fake emails.
  • +4
    Godzilla-9 replies to Tamianth
    Good info. My experience is they don't act until money is lost. The more money the more inclined they are to act. With enough complaints they may taken action against this slim without a spell checker.
  • +4
    Shane S replies to stalker-dude
    Look for bad English and typos (misspelled words, wrong words, etc.), they're a dead give-away that it's a scam. Additionally, as stated in the other replies, the email addresses used are all Something@gmail.com. Nothing but a scam.
  • +1
    desertbutterfly replies to stalker-dude
    May 21, 2015 7:35 AM, "Bart Comeaux" <bartcashadvance@gmail.com> wrote:
    Arrest warrant I'D :- FUB574618024 which is going to release on Wednsday at 03:00pm

    This is in reference to Cash Advance Debt Collection and payment not being received.

    This is the last and final Notice for you. You do not need to reply this email. If you would like to make the payment than you would have to send email to our email address at michaeldebtcollector@gmail.com or charlesbelldebtcollector@gmail.com

    This Legal Proceeding issued on your Docket Number LWO-68109 with one of Cash Advance Inc. Company in order to notify you that after making calls to you on your phone number we were not able to get hold of you. So the accounts department of Cash Advance has decided to mark this case as a flat refusal and press legal charges against you.

    CASE NO:  KT-PA-28710

    Amount Pending:  $979.61

    We have sent you this warning notification about legal proceeding of March-8, 2014 but you did not respond on time so now it’s high time and if you will fail to respond in next 24 HOURS we will be file this case in court. Consider this as a Last Notice. And we will be Emailing/ Fax this issue to your current employer to make sure they take strict against you. Your salary wages will be garnished.

    Note : This notice is provided to you on behalf of Cash Advance Inc. and its parent company , and their respective family of companies including Cash Advance, its parent company, Cash America International, Inc., and all of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, (hereafter collectively referred to as the “Cash Advance Related Companies,” “we,” “our,” or “us”). The Cash Advance Related Companies include, but are not limited to: Cash Advance, Cash America International, Inc., and all of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, including those that operate under the trade names Cash Advance, Cash America Payday Advance, Cash land, Super Pawn, Cash America Pawn, Cash America, Ez Money Cash America Net, Check Smart, Check into Cash, Super Pawn, Allied Cash, Cash Net USA, Cash Net 500, Cash Central Loans, Payday OK, Paycheck Today, National Payday, My Cash Now, Speedy Cash, Sonic Payday, Rapid Cash, Personal Cash Advance, Quick Payday, Check cash Loan, Egg loans, Money tree, Sonic Cash, Payday one, Fax free Cash, Net loan USA, 100 Day Loan, Cash Advance, or any company-owned Mr. Payroll locations. “You” or “Your” means you as a participant in or as a user of the products and/or services offered by a Cash Advance Related Company.

    (Choose whatever is appropriate)

    •  Accept the amount of $950 as full and final settlement of the debt if paid within 7 days (or other appropriate period) from the date of this letter.

    (Or)

    •  Accept installments of $250 per (week/Bi-Weekly) until the debt is fully paid, the first installment to be paid today and thereafter on the first working day of every (week/ Bi-Weekly) until the debt is fully paid.

    If this matter is not resolved by the time specified above, I reserve the right to commence legal proceedings to recover the debt without further notice to you and this letter may be tendered in court as evidence of your failure to pay.  Legal action may result in you having to pay legal costs, interest and could impact on your credit history.

    Cash Advance Inc.

    1008 N. Vermont,

    Los Angeles, CA-90029
  • +2
    Nick Fury
    | 1 reply
    ok, let me explain this, this is false, there is no law that states you wil be jailed for a debt, next, no one, I mean no one will ever inform you that you have an arrest warrant, if you do you'll just get picked up, without warning, why would someone tell you so you can run?

    There is no precedent for an official person to use an email marked as "outlook.com" or any of the other free domains, next just try reading the broken english of said email

    I received similar as these and have gotten calls from morons trying to scare me into it, just stand your ground tell them to turn it sideways and stick it straight up their candy behind. then laugh as they get upset, find out how to say it in Tamil because most of these calls do come from some place in india oranother part of asia somewhere where they speak that
  • +1
    mimi n. replies to No Name
    | 1 reply
    Plus, if it were a legitimate email stating legal action, there would be more contact information, and not a gmail account. I got one of those the other day and I read it and laughed becuase the grammar was so bad, and then I just deleted it. I find there is no point anymore in getting worked up over things like this. I get scam phone calls and emails constantly, and just ignore them. Evenutally it goes away, but unfortunately, the cycle then starts up again.
  • +3
    William replies to mimi n.
    Did you report the email as spam before deleting it?

    I wonder how fast Google kills these scammy gmail addresses to prevent the scammers from receiving any information from scared or gullible people.
  • +1
    Chloe Draper
    I just recieved this today:

    Attention

    Arrest warrant I'd :- RMT1454965492 which will be going to release on Monday noon 3 pm

    This is the last and final chance for you.

    This Legal Proceedings issued on your Docket Number EAR-45962 with one of Cash Advance INC. Company in order to

    notify you that after making calls to you on your phone number we were not able to get hold of you. So the accounts

    department of Cash Advance has decided to mark this case as a flat refusal and press legal charges against you.

    CASE NO:  CF-MA-14952825

    Amount Outstanding $ 856.97

    We have sent you this warning notification about legal proceedings of March 8, 2014 but you failed to respond on

    time now it’s high time if you failed to respond in next 4 HOURS we will register this case in court. Consider this

    as a final warning. And we will be Emailing/ Fax this issue to your current employer to make sure they take strict

    against you. Your salary wages will be garnished.

    Do revert back if you want to get rid of these legal consequences and make a payment arrangement today or else we

    would be proceeding legally against you. And we apologies that this notification will also sent to your current

    employer. The opportunity to take care of this voluntary is quickly coming to an end. We would hate for you to lose

    the option of resolving this before it goes to the next step which is a Lawsuit against you, but to do so you must

    take immediate action.

    You can Email back to get the payment mode too.

     peter.fincen@gmail.com

    We will be forced to proceed legally against you and once it is processed the creditor has entire rights to inform

    your employer and your references regarding this issue and the lawsuit will be the next step which will be amounting

    to $6300.00 and will be totally levied upon you and that would be excluding your attorney charges. If you take care

    of this out of court then we will release the clearance certificate from the court and we will make sure that no one

    will contact you in future.

    Please let us know what your intention is by today itself so we can hold the case or else we will submit the

    paperwork to your local county sheriff department and you will be served by court summons at your door step.

    Note : This notice is provided to you on behalf of Cash Advance Inc. and its parent company , and their respective

    family of companies including Cash Advance, its parent company, Cash America International, Inc., and all of their

    respective subsidiaries and affiliates, (hereafter collectively referred to as the “Cash Advance Related Companies,”

    “we,” “our,” or “us”). The Cash Advance Related Companies include, but are not limited to: Cash Advance, Cash

    America International, Inc., and all of their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, including those that operate

    under the trade names Cash Advance, 100 Day Loan, Net loan USA, Fax free Cash, Payday one, Sonic Cash, Money tree,

    Egg loans, Check cash Loan, Quick Payday, Personal Cash Advance, Rapid Cash, Sonic Payday, Speedy Cash, My Cash Now,

    National Payday, Paycheck Today, Payday OK, Cash Central Loans, Cash Net 500,Cash Net USA, Allied Cash, Super Pawn,

    Check into Cash, Check Smart, Ez Money Cash America Net, Cash America, Cash America Pawn, Cash land, Super Pawn,

    Cash America Payday Advance, or any company-owned Mr. Payroll locations. “You” or “Your” means you as a participant

    in or as a user of the products and/or services offered by a Cash Advance Related Company.

    WE MAY REPORT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT TO CREDIT BUREAUS. LATE PAYMENTS, MISSED PAYMENTS, OR OTHER DEFAULTS ON

    YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE REFLECTED IN YOUR CREDIT REPORT.

    TERMS & CONDITIONS YOU AGREED.

    By electronically signing this Loan Agreement by clicking the "I AGREE" button below, you are confirming that you

    have agreed to the terms and conditions of the Consent and that you have downloaded or printed a copy of this

    Consent for your records.

    Note: To make the payment you would have to contact our email address

    Cash Advance Inc.

    8901 S Wilton Place,
    Los Angeles, CA-9004
  • 0
    Aimee G
    | 1 reply
    I recently just received this email too. I replied asking nicely to have them send an invoice to my mailing address, as I always do in this case because I am currently working to get out of debt. He (michaeldebtcolletor@gmail.com) said only after I make at least a $250 payment via Money Gram.
    I said no, and he began sending me threatening emails that bordered on harassment. The next day he sent another saying he assumes I do not want to settle my debt and that the warrant has been issued. Ended the email with
    "GOD BLESS!!!!!"
    These people deserve to be in prison.
    Anyone know what steps I can take to protect myself?
  • +2
    William replies to Aimee G
    Ignore him, as no warrant of any kind will be issued.
    Notify Google of the emails so they can kill his email account - you should forward the emails.

    On this page :
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/184963

    Report messages asking for personal information (phishing)

    If you see a suspicious message asking you for personal information, like passwords or credit card numbers, you can report the message as phishing. If you don't have a Gmail account, but would like to report a Gmail user who is sending phishing messages, fill out this form { below }
    https://support.google.com/mail/contact/abuse

    ====

    This guy is a criminal and his whole game is to intimidate you.
    Everything he has told you is a lie.
    You don't owe him money.
    He, or his "coworkers", will create another email account to continue the threats.

    "...I am currently working to get out of debt."

    Someone had gotten the information about your debt(s) and passed it on to these scammers.
    Thousands of people are getting calls and emails from these scammers.

Reply to topic