You are wrong. I have received these calls daily for years. I do not return calls. I never engage with these callers. I block and ignore, never answering any number I do not recognize. I never contribute money to any cause. The calls continue with "IRS debt messages" and threats left on my answering machine. There are other rouses, including email spam. Yesterday they succeeded in hacking into my computer, a clear attempt at ransom. Obviously, if I change my phone number then my current number will become part of the game. This is a large operation. I suspect they have many guises even if they are not very accomplished. They are monitoring this very site and everything said here. There are two problems - the phone system that allows this and the considerable amount of information that is available on people search sites of which there are many. These people know not only phone numbers but street addresses, ages, and names of family members because it is made available free to everyone. Think you're not listed? Check out intelius, peekyou, spokeo, and other people search sites. This incident was a threat to all of us. It may well backfire by getting the police involved, but I won't be holding my breath. I would love to cancel my phone service, but even though I rarely make or receive any calls, that would totally disrupt my entire life because my tv and computer require it. They realize this. No amount of harassment or ridiculous deception will succeed in their procuring money from me. Adoption of that attitude is the only thing that will stop this, and apparently we are a long, long way from that. These bottom feeders are looking to prey upon the most vulnerable among us. They will not stop until every last one of us wises up.
Well said. Unfortunately, you are right---especially with the statement this is a large operation. These are terrorists at every level who have received explicit instructions from their higher-ups to make our misery their mission in life--no matter what the cost. I felt so sorry for that gentleman in the video. You could hear his voice shaking as he recalled the event.
You're not the only one who's experienced receiving "these calls daily for years", but my oh my I am wrong. Happy you jump to conclusions and figure me clue-less, but you're way off base. I'm very well aware of everything you mentioned. Been through it and continue to go through it. Cleared my name and family off these sites you mentioned and a few more including a nasty one called linkedin, not only "the worlds largest professional network" but also the "go-to" site for scammers besides their databases and books, bought, stolen or freshly hacked into. Keep in mind I'm also not gullible enough to believe my or my family members haven't popped back up on these "information" sites. Already seen it, but the less it's out there the better so the effort does payoff if just for a smidgen. I agree with you somewhat, but you're missing all the rogue low-life leaches that are not allowed in on the large operation so they do their own thing. I'd say it's a half and half, but I'm sure you'll disagree and repeat how wrong I am. I propose we agree to disagree because no matter which way you slice it, scum is scum and scammers are scammers. They all have the same slime chromosome and their all equally as dangerous.
post pending moderator approval
post pending moderator approval
post pending moderator approval
0
PDS
| 1 reply
I've had many, multiple calls from many differeint spoofed numbers with the same or similar recording, saying the IRS is filing a lawsuit against me, and I should call their number immediately, etc. I knew it was a scam, but its' very prolific. So many different numbers they are using, all the same stupid scam. These foreign [***] have stolen my ability to answer my own telephone. I do not answer any more, I wait for a voice mail message. Most scammers will not leave a message, but these more recent IRS scammers will now leave a robo-recording with their scam message threat, so now I am not even safe doing that. I do hope someone will soon come up with a way to stop them from annoying us. As a tracfone user, they are literally stealing my pre paid minutes and service even if I never actually speak to them. There must be some way to stop them!
So you were a victim of them SWATing you? That is what this thread is about, had you taken the time to at least read the first post.
post pending moderator approval
0
Jill
Called me said they were IRS and I owed them money! BS!!!
0
Ivy
| 10 replies
Keep in mind that when you get these calls that the real IRS will never call you. If they need to get in touch with you they mail you a letter first! Obviously these scammers either know or just don't care! And I'm not surprised at the new IRS fraud scam,calling in a false crime is a crime itself. The police must be investigating this if not then a lot more of these Swatting scams would've occurred by now! I said before its tax season get ready for the constant scammers and new techniques just for these idiots to get money. And there are new scams out too AARP magazine did an article for this month's issue informing people of new scams for 2017! The top ones are the kidnapping/hostage scam. Basically they call saying they have your loved one held hostage send $$$ and we won't kill them. They even have one of their buddies screaming and crying in the background. The other was the Grandparent scam basically calling saying their your grandchild and they even know the kids' name,where they live etc. Calling saying their in jail and need bail money. Unfortunately one grandfather fell for it! These scammers are getting more and more creative and to be honest something needs to be done! Blocking the calls is the first step block and ignore they can't do anything when you refuse to talk to them. And arguing with these people doesn't help! It just makes them want to call you even more!
I've engaged them in telephone conversations lasting up to an hour, NEVER confirming or denying anything. I have even given them bogus account numbers, bogus CC numbers, fake SS numbers, I even went as far as telling them the number they called is not the number they dialed. These kooks are so stupid they buy it all! SO I GUESS IM NEXT FOR A RAID.
Those "latest" 2017 scams are nothing new and have been around for a long time. I guess that's why I got rid of AARP quite a while back. They aren't helpful at all and they also sell you telephone number to scammers that prey on the seniors. After I dropped them and told them to stop "sharing" my information with their "associates", my scam calls dropped off significantly.
Funny that you would say that, I've had that feeling for a long while when dealing with AARP. I notice a severe uptick in the scam phone calls after my wife join up with them and now the scam/spam calls have slowed way down due to my no answer unknown phone numbers policy.
Reply to topic