CPC Central Portfolio Control

  • -1
    omg
    | 3 replies
    I have some question??
    Can these people call all hours of the night
    Can they call and harress you about a debt at work?
    They claim they have sent me a claim in the mail and have constantly left messages for me????
    They also say "oh I thought you owned the company"??
    Do the companies get a tax credit when a debt is written off
    Best thing to do is not spend, then we'll see how these companies cry out for our money...
  • +4
    Resident47 replies to omg
    | 2 replies
    There are plenty of things a collector can't do under federal law, if it's a third party and if the debt is a consumer and not business account. You're better off taking your queries to threads with a more general focus, and studying federal and state laws to see what is applicable to your case.

    Learn how to exercise your FDCPA rights as an alleged debtor at FTC-dot-gov.
    http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpajump.shtm
  • +2
    Shameful replies to Resident47
    | 1 reply
    Thanks for the useful info.  Will contact theFDCPA about these abusive people.
    Lets hear more about this awful practice.  They just won't let up.
  • +3
    Resident47 replies to Shameful
    Errm, you cannot "contact" a document. The FDCPA is a set of federal laws for the debt industry. Had you followed the FTC link you would know this. Do your homework and show these collections goons who's in charge.
  • -1
    Karen
    I have been away for a few weeks and come home to find a few messages on my phone from this place...I had a value pay rejected from shop nbc on my card which I still dont get cause I used the card two days ago and something went through...I am pissed at shopnbc also because it was only a few days of this being rejected and they had to have turned this over to this group....I have no bad debts at all....so now what happens, I paid the balance to shopnbc and I wonder will I still get these calls from this group....why would anyone turn something over to a debt collector in a matter of four or five days of it being not paid....I still cant understand why they couldnt process the payment when we used the card after the date they claim they tried...I am done shopping with them for sure...this is just crazy tactics if you ask me...
  • +1
    sweetsue
    They sent my husband a notice saying that he powed money from a debt that is over 8 years old.  I called them and they told me I should have piad my bills.  As it was settled years ago, they are just bottom feeders buyong up old debts in attempts to lure in unknowledgible people.  If you start to pay it, you owe it again.
  • +2
    Eric
    Don't get upset.  Simply fire off a Cease and Desist  letter to the fax number, 952-400-3299.   If they call again, you contact a Credit Law lawyer who will sue them for violating the fair credit law.   I have done it 2 times and won 1000.00 each time.  There is nothing like having the tables turned on the scum bags. Best part is, you don't pay any legal fees, the collector has to pay them for you.  I use creditlaw.com

    As for the phone call.   I just got one from them today, several actually.  They are blowing up my cell and home phone ( which is unlisted and was never given out )   So I just sent the Cease and Desist via fax and away they go.  If not, I gave them the name of my lawyer who has successfully won me 2 unfair debt collection suits.
  • +2
    mar
    There is a big difference between collecting legitimate debt and "junk" debt.  CPC specializes in trying to make you null and void or "toll" the SOL (statute of limitations) but bullying you.  If you have debt that is past this date do not agree to a payment plan or that you owe the money, just say you will do some research and get back to them.  Note every single voicemail, or phone call and any interactions you have with them.  Ask them to “validate the debt” in writing.  This is the first step to legitimizing the debt.  Keep a journal. Here is just a word from a local attorney on the matter in MN (where CPC resides).  When I told a CPC rep that the debt from 1999 was not a debt that he could collect on he challenged my values, my character and was horribly rude.  This behavior is inappropriate and it is not the best way to do business.

    I wish I could make some kind of change in this process…  because it’s awful and leaves marks on not only those who are bullied, but the ones who bully.  It is an icky way to exist.

    Make sure to take care of the issue, but if you’re getting a call from CPC in all likelihood, it is not debt that can be traditionally collected on.



    http://marsomichelsonharrigan.com/old-debt-th ... CFUff4AodrEgAsA
  • -11
    shelly
    | 2 replies
    This company is awesome. I love Mark Hedge. He is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • +7
    Resident47 replies to shelly
    | 1 reply
    The Sarcasm Mode must have been disabled along with the Caps Lock key.
  • +7
    Julia replies to Resident47
    LOL. Thanks for the laugh.
  • +3
    pam replies to c0l0rad0
    you obviously work for them and need a job so your defending there actions. you do know that if you are taken to court you can tell the judge that all you can afford every month is $10.00 and they have to accept it.  By the way I hope you or your family never fall victim to such horrible and disrespectful people. Actually I take that back I hop you do please try to remember Karma is a [***]
  • -2
    d9709hw
    | 1 reply
    Have received hundreds of calls for someone who had our number over 3 years ago, despite telling them, they continue to call but never leave enough info to file some kind of complaint!  This kind of @#&% should be banned!!!
  • +5
    Resident47 replies to d9709hw
    Debt collectors are easily sued for violations of an alleged debtor's privacy, which is why many of them won't give you much information. "They continue to call" because legally they can if your responses to them seem faulty. The worst actors abuse that permission to paint everyone as a liar who is either already a "deadbeat" or sheltering one. If you're hassled enough, the logic goes, you will "confess" or magically produce the hunted person, whom they assume is aware of the skip trace calls and may emerge from hiding.

    CPC has a Minnesota address, as cited in this thread over three years ago. Use it to turn up your volume on Certified Mail paper. Debt collectors are notoriously deaf to verbal requests, for reasons discussed above.
    To halt the misfired skip trace calls, YOU must take direct action, not complain and wait for a rescue. My advice for "not me" cases is found here:
    https://800notes.com/forum/ta-34af6a034ba34b6/unending-collection-calls
  • 0
    stop harrassment
    I have no unpaid debts that I am aware of, and constantly get calls from CPC asking for other people on my home line.
    Telling them that the person is not here, has never been here and never will be here does not stop the calls. I recommend the loudest, longest scream you can manage directly into the phone. They will have a hard time keeping employees, at least!

Reply to topic