CPC Central Portfolio Control

  • +8
    Please replies to Ree
    post the exact law you are referring to with this statement:  "If your debt is past the statue of limitations, do not talk to them.  If you do, it can start the statue of limitations all over again from the time you spoke with them"  Talking to them will not reset the clock, but paying them will.  You are certainly welcome to prove me wrong though.
  • +7
    Hmmmmm
    You can talk to them about the weather , sing with them, yell at them, meet them for coffee to discuss your love life.... but do not make a payment towards your so-called debt. That's all.
  • +7
    MidNYteStorm replies to Ree
    If that was true, then the statue would start over again every time they call an outdated number.
  • +10
    Resident47 replies to Ree
    Someday I want to meet the person who first inspired the irrational fear of speaking to junk debt collectors and kick in a few teeth. Prior replies are correct. The mere fact of answering a collection call does not mean agreement with a debt claim or an excuse to reset the SoL clock. Realistically you will be unable to defend your rights without making some form of contact. How you behave during contact is what counts. I've been over this many times and will drop some links rather than repeat myself.

    Time-barred debt and Statutes of Limitations discussed
    https://800notes.com/forum/ta-9991e6b2279da05/how-long
    https://800notes.com/forum/ta-34af6a034ba34b6 ... 679301999418958
    https://800notes.com/forum/ta-34af6a034ba34b6 ... 054450552758714
    https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-421-4920/4#p481087354438919411
  • +8
    Resident47 replies to Ree
    Almost forgot ... Please keep your legal advice to yourself until you can spell its key terms.

    statue (n): a three-dimensional work of art, as a figure of a person or animal or an abstract form
    statute (n): an enactment of a legislative body expressed in a formal document
  • -1
    GooglyEyes
    | 3 replies
    I want to meet him too. Call me optimistic but I feel a lot of good will come out of it . I love direct written contact or phone. Bottom line it's always advisable to be nice and congenial. I'm not trying to spook them out. I'm a kind and respectful person. The SOL varies from state to state. So how will you know unless you talk to them. Makes sense. I will not take my checkbook with me and I don't memorize my account number. So I won't make any payments towards the SOL fake debt ....
  • -1
    GooglyEyes replies to GooglyEyes
    | 1 reply
    They just called. I was nice and congenial. Waiting for them to set something up for meeting. Like I said I won't take my checkbook or credit cards. No payments towards the SOL expired so-called debt. :-)
  • 0
    GooglyEyes
    | 1 reply
    If they want to text or email me with plans that's fine also.
  • +5
    ButTheLawSays replies to c0l0rad0
    You are obviously forgetting they owe you a written letter within 5 days of beginning contact regarding a debt.
  • -7
    john doe replies to Ree
    Your actually wrong. You can talk to them but if you agree to make a payment the statue of limitations start all over. So just don't agree to make a payment.
  • +4
    outraged
    Some man called to speak to me and verify my ss# and dob and I told him I that I don't give that info over the phone especially with someone being vague about where he's calling from. He was very persistant for me to confirm my ss# and dob and told him he wasn't getting it and hung up. Idk why he just wouldn't identify himself and or on behalf he was calling for, he probably would've gotten a better response but not my private info. I'm almost called the police. He called from a 952 area code.
  • +3
    B-Edwards replies to GooglyEyes
    Shill - Shill - Shill.
    How did you get overlooked?  Trying stealth mode eh?
    Tell you what, post the full and correct name and address of this wonderful company.  Maybe I am wrong.  Ha.
  • +3
    B-Edwards replies to GooglyEyes
    Post the full and correct name and address of this wonderful company.  You won't you are a sad and silly
    SHILL.
  • +4
    B-Edwards replies to GooglyEyes
    Yo, SHILL -- Post the full and correct name and address of this wonderful company.
  • +1
    harrassment
    called at 6:30 in the morning to harass.

Reply to topic