CPC Central Portfolio Control

  • +2
    BigA replies to Marc
    You lost your case because you didn't show up?  What state was this in?
  • -3
    Tinter5280 replies to Kat
    | 6 replies
    I have been served and also served a person personally.  The process server just hands the person the paperwork.  Then the server has to sign an affidavit to the court swearing the paperwork was indeed handed over to the correct person.  A shady server could lie, but for the $40 they get for the service, they would be risking perjury and contempt of court charges.
  • +2
    Kat replies to Tinter5280
    Ah. Thanks. I wasn't sure how it worked. Although I have to say I really doubt many people would risk perjury and contempt of court charges for 40 bucks. But I see your point.
  • 0
    replies to Tinter5280
    | 4 replies
    Most process servers are paid between $30 and $250 per document served.
  • +2
    Tygerkat replies to
    | 3 replies
    Dayumn! 250 bucks to deliver a piece of paper?! Maybe I should become a process server.
  • +1
    William replies to Tygerkat
    | 1 reply
    There are hazards:
    http://www.statesman.com/news/woman-killed-do ... mXoZiSY7cHV0GN/
    Woman killed by dogs in north Travis County while serving court papers

    [ The owner, who was the person to-be-served, was out of town at the time. ]
  • +1
    Tygerkat replies to William
    Yeah, I'd heard of things like that. My job is annoying sometimes but it's s lot safer.  Think I'll stay where I am.
  • -1
    Silvester Cat Wants Tweety Bird replies to Tygerkat
    Not worth what could be on the other end!  By the time you get served, I'm sure the recipient is pretty wound up and has no intentions of paying up!  Keep your day job, you'll live longer!  Such as the case below.
  • -3
    Silvester Cat Wants Tweety Bird
    | 1 reply
    The Deputy Sheriff here has to serve you here.  Apparently taping it to your door does not count either. My guess was the Krispy Creme had the Hot and Now sign flashing?  They lost the case for improper serving and other legalities too!  Got to cross the T and dot the I if you want to get paid  The Cheesy lawyer even drove 4 hours to get here!  It is amazing how many people lose on default for not showing up though!  I've read too where the they just lied about serving the poor sap, just to get a default as the poor sap never knew he had a day in court.
  • +2
    It works better if you actually form a complete thought before posting, instead of ending up with a bunch of chopped up sentences that do not make any sense.
  • 0
    Emily replies to people 123
    | 1 reply
    I'm calling the federal trade commission. Ftc about this guy. Check out his hand written envelope and 1 stamp operation. What he and whoever is doing is about to get a investigation.
  • 0
    Emily replies to Emily
    Not to mention ILLEGAL
  • -1
    Emily
    | 1 reply
    The FTC and under the FCRA. is going to LOVE THIS.. LOL INVESTIGATION IS ON. CALL ME BACK. I left messages
  • +1
    BigA replies to Emily
    No, the FCRA or Fair Credit Reporting Act is a law.  The FTC or Federal Trade Commission is an Administrative Agency.
  • 0
    Pam
    | 1 reply
    This company is calling me and I do not have ANY thing in collections. I monitor my report coldly, what is up with that.

Reply to topic