"USSP Shipping" using a new phone # to scam

  • +1
    Monique
    | 1 reply
    This is about the 4th time they have tried this SCAM, US Standard Shipping. Some bubble head told me they have a package that came back "damaged" asked who the shipper was, put on hold to transfer to dept because she didn't know anything, hold music is Jeff Foxworthy - there's your sign...
  • 0
    ANNOYED
    I just got another call from these morons.  USSP shipping--local number. A package at their facility.  They had the wrong company name this time...lol.
    Reading through the comments here, it seems there are a few people that are more offended by the stupid Trump joke than the fact someone is trying to scam you!!!  Very strange.
  • 0
    LISA
    Basically my story is a repeat of all above, I promptly proceeded to inform them that I was aware of their scam and to not call again..but of course they always do! Ugh!!!!
  • 0
    Perris, California
    HAD to speak with my husband by name. Told caller he's not here  (LIE). Wanted another # to call him. I said there is none. I asked about 6 questions to find out what USSP Shipping was. Was told "a 3rd-party delivery company" and they had an undeliverable package for my husband. Was told they will have driver call. We have ordered NOTHING and are expecting NOTHING!
  • 0
    Donna replies to Cynthia
    Yep, received the same "This is USSP shipping..." looking for a former employee.  When I asked what it's about I was told that they're calling about a "failed delivery."  Phone number was about 20 digits long & started with the letter M, which immediately put me on guard.  Scam call.
  • 0
    Melissa
    Cheyenne called from 501-443-2675 and said she's trying to get permission to make a delivery to us. I confirmed the name of her company as USSP Shipping and asked who the shipment is from. She said United Standard. I said I wasn't familiar with that order and requested a callback number. She then stated she's an intern and transferred me to Staci Davis. I made the same inquiries of Staci who said that our shipment had been returned to them. I asked when, where, and by whom. Certain this is a scam, I said that we did not order anything from United Standard, so I'd like to refuse delivery. Staci then said that this is not something we ordered. Her company provides NFL supplies and is sending us some complimentary jerseys. I declined and again requested that this shipment be cancelled. Staci said she would cancel it.
  • 0
    Dave
    Same call as above using 425-865-2885
  • 0
    LH
    Call from 360-819-1631.  Identified themselves as USSP shipping and had a returned delivery.  Asked for service manager first which i declined and he commented that he was new and such and tried to say that USSP was the shipper and had a returned package.  Googled this while on the phone and saw this info.  I told him he could contact us by email and he kept trying to send me to his "manager' which I hung up.  Scam!
  • 0
    American who speaks Russian
    I got the same phone call the second she told me I had an unbeliever package and needed to verify address I knew it was a scam so I just started talking Russian to her she couldn't understand me so she transferred me. the next group of people started trying to talk to me and passing the phone from one person to the other as I never spoke English . you could hear all of them in the background the one lady saying "this is what they sent to me! I can't believe they sent this to me" so it is a team of scammers working together.
  • +1
    Janet
    Got a call from them in the past two weeks.  Similar call as other people posted in that the first person I spoke to had promotional items to send to us as a thank you for being a customer.  She transferred me to her bubbly supervisor that tried to make small talk.  She also said that she would be out of town until June and would call back then to follow up on our shipment.  Haven't received anything yet, but will be incredibly cautious if something comes from them.  We are on their list because one of our employees placed an order with them last year but did not get a proper quote from them.  The items arrived and were grossly overcharged by about 200%.  Our plant manager was able to get the bill down to a reasonable cost and we paid it.  US Standard Products is a very shady and untrustworthy business.
  • 0
    Delta Girl
    She called our office from a local number wanting our shop manager.  When I told her he was unavailable she wanted his cell number.  I gave her the direct number to the local police department.
  • 0
    Bruce
    | 1 reply
    What are they sending us?  I noticed this too late.  Just like some else asked, what are they getting out of this?
  • +1
    CMiller
    I just got scammed by these people.  I did not see this post until now, ugh! I've instructed my office to refuse any packages from this company.
  • +1
    Nobody
    Calling out from Castle Shannon, PA on 412-379-6454, called office and my work cell. They new my name and what company I worked for. package returned, driver in the area again and wanted to confirm my ok to give number to him directly for delivery later. Asked what the package was, again, put on hold and hung up on them again. 4th time they called. Earlier call was sending a free gift with some products, when looked to confirm they were free, they said "No it is purchase" at which point I said "No Thanks" and hung up. Careful what words you choose to use if they call you, looking for anything resembling agreement.
  • 0
    Bryan
    Got the call today using 714 733 1018

Reply to topic